It was in the Fall of 1956 that Parks Elementary opened its doors to the children of the community. Today, Parks has students in pre-kindergarten through fourth grades. The school also offers programs in gifted and talented, special education, and bilingual education.
As part of the Renewal 2000 building program, which included construction from the 1995 bond election, the campus gained classrooms, as well as a renovated library and office area. In the "Make Room for Children" bond, a kindergarten wing was added that included four classrooms, a teacher workroom and two book rooms.